Minerals are vital for a thriving space economy because they are used for:
- Constructing buildings;
- Building ships and defense;
- Upgrading ships;
- Researching sciences;
- Trading for resources or ships.
Ways to gain Minerals:
- Minerals producing buildings – the main source of Minerals is Mineral extractor/ Mineral bot/ Mineral extractor. The higher the level of the Minerals producing building the larger the amount of Minerals gained. Each Planet can have up to 2 Minerals producing buildings;
- The amount of Minerals gained from Minerals producing buildings is affected by the Mathematics science and the Engineer specialty;
- Attacks – stealing it from an enemy’s Planet after a successful attack;
- Pirating – conducting piracy at an enemy’s Planet;
- Recycling Scrap – after a Battle, destroyed ships float around in space as Scrap. Scrap can be harvested and then recycled into resources;
- Trading resources – at the Trade center player can trade resources among each-other;
- Trading ships – at the Ship market players can trade ships for resources and vice versa.